Dr. Julia Hoffman and Barnabas Collins return from a week-long visit to 1995 with horrible news about the future of the Collins family. Some time before the end of 1970, the following will occur:
- Collinwood will become an abandoned ruin.
- Most of the Collins family will have mysteriously disappeared, except for:
- 13-year-old David, who will die; Barnabas and Julia have seen his tombstone in the graveyard, and his ghost in the garden. A girl about the same age named Hallie Stokes will also die and appear in ghostly form with David.
- Carolyn, who will be found completely mad within the house. She’ll spend the rest of her life, which ends in 1995, as an unbalanced recluse.
- Quentin, who will be found wandering the woods, also completely mad and going on about someone named Daphne. He will spend the next 25 years in an asylum.
All of this will be brought about by an evil ghost named Gerard and another morally ambiguous ghost in a magenta dress, who turns out to be Quentin’s Daphne (Kate Jackson). Both died in 1841, although who they were and why they want to destroy the Collinses remains a mystery.
On their return to 1970, Barnabas and Julia try to warn Elizabeth Collins-Stoddard and Quentin about the things they’ve seen, but no one seems to care much about helping them to prevent this disaster from happening.
Bad things are already starting.
Gerard’s ghost is at Collinwood, even if no one’s actually seen him yet. Carolyn and Hallie sense someone is watching them. At a picnic near the cliffs, David snaps a photo of Quentin and Maggie; when he develops it in his darkroom, thinks he sees a face in the shrubbery behind them. It could just be a trick of light on the leaves, but it does resemble a scowling man…
Continue reading “Dark Shadows: The Destruction of Collinwood”